Monday, June 21, 2010

Do I have to prepare my hair for highlights and glossing?

Tomorrow, I am having highlights put in my hair, no solid color. I am also having my hair glossed and cut. Should I go to the hairdressers with clean hair with no products in it? If I have one day old hairspray, silicone or gel in my hair will it effect the outcome of the processes I am having done? Thanks.Do I have to prepare my hair for highlights and glossing?
My stylist told me its actually better if your hair is a little dirty, it helps the hair dye stick or something like that.





They wont wash your hair before the highlights, just once its done.Do I have to prepare my hair for highlights and glossing?
No, You don't have to 'Prepare' your hair, Some people think that if you have dirty hair, The color will last longer or hold better...No true..Color lasts as long as it is 'formulated' to last..And the Products in your hair won't affect anything, I've colored my hair, with tons of Hairspray and Gel in it, and the color turned out perfect.
I would try to get out all of the product and shampoo from your hair, and then rinse it. They generally wash it when you get there but you can call and ask and I'm sure they will tell you what is necessary.
Well, I know that when I get my hair cut, I get my hair washed at the salon.


I am not sure if your salon does that, but I think it is best to go with hair without any products in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting plans