Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is lip gloss bad for 13 year old?

I'm 13 and I only put lip gloss


I used to put eyeliner but I stoped


But I still put lip gloss everyday, is it bad? Some of my friends say lip stick can bring cancer, I dont put lip stick only lip gloss!


Is it bad? And can lip gloss bring cancer like they say?


xxIs lip gloss bad for 13 year old?
no, your friends are stupid...or just messing with youIs lip gloss bad for 13 year old?
No. Your friends and neither trained in cosmetic chemistry or medical science. Unless they have the letter PhD or MD after their names or they have a university degree and they can present several independently researched and peer reviewed and published papers, they are full of it.





Lip gloss can be bad in the bright summer sun, it can give your lips a sunburn because it magnifies the sun. In the summer you can find glosses with the letters SPF and a number. Look for a gloss with an SPF15 or higher to protect your lips from the sun. Protecting your lips from sun damage will actually prevent cancer. In the winter lip gloss can prevent wind burn and it will keep the cold from drying out the lips, keeping them soft and moisturized, which is a good thing, not a bad thing.





Next time your friends say something that doesn't sound right, ask them to prove it, and ';I read it somewhere'; or ';Someone told me'; or ';everyone knows'; doesn't qualify as proof.
Personally, I've never heard that lipgloss or lipstick can bring cancer. If you're worried about toxic ingredients, though, maybe do a little research on that, but I don't think there's anything that harmful in makeup.


Also, I don't see why wearing lipgloss everyday for a thirteen year old would be bad, I think it's good you're keeping it simple!


I'm seventeen and rarely wear eyeliner, and all the other stuff (I don't feel like investing all the time and money when it just makes me feel like my face is dirty).


But lipgloss isn't bad at all. It's generally cheap and easy (without making you look cheap though like other makeup like too much eyeliner/shadow can do, lol).
If lipstick caused cancer, the FDA might make stores pull it. So, I don't think that is really an issue.





In that you are 13 however, you probably should not be wearing lipstick. If you were my daughter, I would say yes to light lip gloss or even better--use petroleum jelly--like Vaseline--over a neutral lip liner. It would be far cheaper than lipstick and probably cheaper than lip gloss as well.





Get the pencil type lip liners and keep them sharpened, then outline your lips with it. Fill in the lips like you are coloring with a crayon, then top it off with Vaseline. That is how I usually go out of the house every day. It is tasteful and adds a LITTLE color, but it is not overwhelming and it is certainly cheaper than other stuff.
If lip gloss causes cancer, I'm sure the whole world would know. But too much of anything can cause cancer (for instance, if you apply it every 5 minutes and keep irritating your lips). The only reason I put lip gloss on at your age is because my lips would get chapped and chapstick has gasoline products in it. If you're putting it on to be ';glamorous';, then you might consider wearing it less often.
Ummm lip stick can't cause cancer, and either can lip gloss


lol


Don't worry.


Lip gloss is perfectly acceptable for a girl your age!


I think it's good you're going light on the makeup at such a young age.


i know plenty of girls your age (and younger) who just pile it on!


Nothing wrong with a little gloss :)


Just make sure it's a subtle color and not a crazy colored lip gloss!
NOT AT ALL!!!


Your friends are just fooling you!


Even eyeliner isn't harmful. And lip gloss is not harmful at all! And I don't think that lip sticks cause cancer.





But...One thing you should keep in mind while buying a lip gloss or any cosmetic is that you use a renowned brand like Maybelline, Oriflame, Lakme, LO'real, etc.


THEY SHOULD BE RENOWNED.
no, this was a hoax that people spread years ago. it was thought that the lead amounts in lipstick could cause cancer. the FDA controls the amounts of lead put in Cosmetics and every other product (some products slip through) but if you are buying name brand FDA approved cosmetic you will be fine. (if not in US replace FDA with whom ever controls such things in your country)
im 13 and i wear lipgloss everyday but its not bad 4 u! i just wear a light color or pink so its not to much and about the cancer thing its not true but if u want 2 u can look it up on google!











hope i helped!!!!
Hey erm No it doesn't bring cancer not even lipstick





fact: My mother has worn lipstick everyday for the last 20 years and she doesn't have cancer they just tell you not to wear lipstick because it makes you look older!!
lol your so cute %26amp; 13 and dumb awwww yeahhhhhh haLip glosss cant wait for you to turn 17 and look back on this question andSayy wow I was really StupidLip glosss bad, for a 13 year old , Huh? Boy Was I anIdiott lol!!
Lip gloss can't give you cancer, I'm not sure where they heard that...You should be fine though. I put on lip gloss several times a day,and I'm fine! (:
No, a little lip gloss can't hurt! Just go with a natural color, nothing to durastic!
Lip gloss is fine for a 13 year old to wear. Lipstick doesn't give you cancer so tell your friends to zip it :)
Vaseline is the way forward. With vaseline, you can't go wrong. I don't know about lipgloss and cancer
no it cant give u cancer use a clear lip gloss or 1 with a touch of pink for a natural look
just put a bit of lip balm or vasaline on. but i have never heard of lip stick giving you cancer! yeah it wont hurt.
lip gloss will bring you no harm, really thats just silly. i have been wearing it for like what 5 years? yeah im fine....today...0___o
not at allL! :)
no its fine :] yo friends are crazy lawls ive never heard that XD
Yes cos ur gna grow up to b the lil slurry you are :)
  • medium length hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    web hosting plans