Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bushnell Sportsman 3-9x32 Gloss finish for my bolt action .22?

Im thinking of getting one so what are the pros and cons of this scope, thanks.Bushnell Sportsman 3-9x32 Gloss finish for my bolt action .22?
That sounds like a great (cheap) scope for a .22 rimfire rifle that you will probably be using mostly for casual target shooting, plinking and some small game hunting. Go for it!Bushnell Sportsman 3-9x32 Gloss finish for my bolt action .22?
Pros = low cost, good value, reasonable optical image quality, up to 9x magnification and the scope is sufficient for most situations





Cons = image quality, especially in low light situations, is not quite as good as models %26amp; brands which cost more.


But this is a non-issue for most people, because better image quality would mean spending enough money to purchase two, three, four or even more Bushnell Sportsman scopes.





I've enjoyed using two different Bushnell Sportsman 4x32mm scopes on my .22 rifles. Their performance has been very satisfactory.
It's a great inexpensive scope and will be fine your your .22 rifle. I have the same scope in matte finish that came on a cantilever mount barrel for my Remington 870 12 gauge. I sighted it in 2 years ago and it holds zero very well shooting 1-1/4 oz. slugs.


I got a doe this year using it. 77 yards broadside standing shot and hit the heart, exactly where I was aiming.


I like the small ';lever'; for easy moving between magnification settings. It's raised a bit higher than the rest of the indentations and is very easy to use while wearing gloves.
I have one on a marlin model 60 and a ruger 10/22 and they work great and are cheap. These are not meant mean for centerfire rifles or muzzle loaders really because they are more cheaply made then scopes such as Leupold and will lose their zero under heavy recoil. They do work great for rimfire rifles that are for hunting or plinking around with.
just got back from the range have one of them on a 740 i bought the otherday shot 40 rounds it did okay about 5 inch groupings pretty good for a auto loader but im ganna trade this gun pretty soon for something else found a 742 in my closet the otherday i forgot i had so ima trade the 740 for some ammo
i mounted that scope on my muzzle loader and it seem like every year i have to resight it in. it gets knocked off easily. save some money and buy a leupold

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting plans