Thursday, December 10, 2009

Has anyone here ever gotten a gloss treatment done to their hair? If so did it make it shinier/softer/silkier?

yes, i got a gloss put on at my salon. immediately you could see that my hair was noticably shinier and smoother, and silkier. it even made my reddish brown hair look brighter/more vibrant. it stayed that way for about 3 months, although depending on what you do to your hair (blow dry, flat iron, etc.) and how often you shampoo it, your gloss may last longer or it may fade more quickly. it only cost about $15. i would definitely reccomend it!Has anyone here ever gotten a gloss treatment done to their hair? If so did it make it shinier/softer/silkier?
I used an at-home kit and it made my hair floppy and useless for days- it was awful! It would not hold any style until I washed it 3-4 times to get the gloss out.


And it did not make it shinier or help the color.Has anyone here ever gotten a gloss treatment done to their hair? If so did it make it shinier/softer/silkier?
Yes, No, No, No.
Yes, yes, yes, yes.
Yes I have and it didn't do a thing for me. I think if you have blond hair it works better.
Gloss treatments were commonly called Cellophane's in the early 90's and were a big hit because they came in a range of colors.


this a treatment that will make you hair softer and shinier, however it is a temporary treatment. the molecular structure of a gloss (cellophane) treatment has to be big so it can adhere to the outer layer of the hair shaft closing that layer called the cuticle layer. this will produce the desired affect. It like I stated earlier is temporary after a few shampoos usually around 8-10 you have to re apply. Check with your local salon for pricing on this service. It you prefer to do this yourself I do caution you in using the colored products they will satin. you can buy cellophane's at your local beauty supply store . just follow the directions on the bottle and recruit someones help.





Best of Luck to you

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting plans