Saturday, November 28, 2009

How do I removed dried emulsion paint from glossed paint work ?

I was a little clumsy painting round a door with emulsion paint, and I have blue paint marks on the white gloss painted frame.





It was only afterwards that I noticed and it dried. That was a day or two ago - can someone suggest something to clean the paint off without damaging the paint work ?





Thanks





GWHow do I removed dried emulsion paint from glossed paint work ?
Scratch it off...should be easy, then finish with wet cloth.How do I removed dried emulsion paint from glossed paint work ?
Hot soapy water.
metylated spirit
just clean off with soapy water, emulsion is water based and gloss is oil based so washing it will not affect the gloss whatsoever
Try using a non abrasive scourer - the type you use in the bathroom. Because the paint is fairly fresh it should come off easily.
emulsion is a water based paint so if you use hot soapy water you should be able to run it off. Or you could just scrape it off with a finger nail but don't use anything too abrasive or too sharp or you'll spoil your new glossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting plans